INDIA

May 30, 2013

SAMOSAS!!
I really enjoy eating Indian cuisine, but I have never made a dish myself. I was excited to try. We had a late start this week due to it being Memorial Day on Monday. Tuesday I read some fun facts about India to the kids, and we colored their flag. The next day we went to Google Earth to check out the TAJ MAHAL. Cole seemed to be impressed. Google has a fun translator site, and you can type a word or phrase and it speaks to you how to translate it. Pretty cool. Kids love doing that.

Let me just say how yummy samosas are! MAN, love puff pastry dough! We stuffed ours with shredded chicken, smashed potato, cilantro, mango, lime, honey and a chipotle sauce. Go easy on the sauce...kinda too spicy for kids. I had to make a quick sour cream dip and made the kids drink chocolate milk to help ease it down. HAHA!

Anything dealing with dough, the kids just get right in there and take over. Samosas are supposed to be folded differently than I did, but hey go with what ya know...I know empanadas...so they looked like empanadas but with an Indian twist! Love their little hands doing all the work in these pictures. For the recipe please go to food network's website and search "samosa".






No comments:

Post a Comment