Entree--Ratatouille

May 23, 2013

When I think about French cooking, I can't help but think about one of the kids' favorite Disney movies...Ratatouille. So of course we opted to have it on our French menu. Cole decided he wanted to help...Simone was not having a good day and was throwing a fit at that moment...which happens. I gave Cole the task of dumping the veggies in the pot and stirring. He also placed the lemon slices on top of the fish. Any little job given to them is BIG in their mind. Cole is a wonderful helper. He is happy to do whatever needs to be done. I knew that this dish probably wouldn't win them over, but at least they tried and ate half of it. That is the main reason I am doing this....for them to get used to the idea of trying something new and different. Cole really liked the zucchini!
  Here's the recipe I found in "Cook's Bible":



 A French technique I learned in one of the many Central Market cooking classes I've taken was baking a white fish "en papillote". Basically, it's steaming a fish in a parchment paper pouch. I just added salt, pepper, butter and lemon.
Follow these simple steps:
Cut paper into a heart shape. Place fish on one side of heart. Fold edges. Bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment